Bob Hoffman

Well Known Member
Hi ! Guys & Gals
I purchased an early RV-6A with the round flap acuator tubes , upon closer inspection I noticed they were drilled an tapped off center.
I am told that I can replace them with the newer hex tubes (which comes pre drilled and tapped ?). My plans call for the older part , can anyone give me the newer part no. ??
Thank's for your help
Bob

Let me know if they will work on the 7 series, my thought is that the 9 may have a different tube length.

But, if they will work they would be a nice alternative to threading my own.

JCONARD,
Yep, I was thinking the same thing. I figure as long as the threads are the same size I can always cut it down (now being too short is another issue).I have a neat way of making a neat straight cut using a drill press,a section of thick wall PVC pipe and a hacksaw blade ,for which I can not take credit for,another RV builder came up with the idea - but it works great.
I'll keep you posted if you like.
Keep on building
Bob

They should work on any 2 place rv. I have em on the 8, had them on the 6. After drilling and tapping the thin walled aluminum that was supplied, I was convinced that the sloppiness of the design, or my execution, was not good enough for me. It was junk.

The threaded hex tub is far superior. Also I have a tendency so sneak in some flaps at a higher speed and I like the beefier hex rods.

Highly reccommended
Best,

I used thick walled 4130 tubing for the flap pushrods on my -6. Be very carefull lowering the flaps above the recommended speeds. Remember the flaps carry a much greater load than any other controll surface. They are the only ones that deflect into the airstream and stay there.
Mel...DAR