RV7Guy

Well Known Member
Today I was cruising the "members logged on," section and noticed a familiar name. Clicked on the name and sure enough it was who I thought. I would like to welcome Jason Krause to the wonderful world of RV's. He previously owned a Cessna and recently purchased a RV6 out of Chandler AZ.

For some of you, Jason's name may be familiar. Jason is one of the best Radio Control Helicopter pilots in the World. He has designed many RC helicopter and is currently a designer for Align model helicopters. Further, he is sponsored by Futaba Corporation. You can visit his website, jkheli.com. Take a look at some of the videos. He can do stuff with a RC helicopter that is amazing and should not be possible.

Hopefully we can get Jason to do some demos at RV fly-ins. Now he is getting used to the performance of the 6. It won't take long with his skill set!!

Welcome Jason!!!

Coolness! The name sounded familiar. Im into the rc heli stuff. Have a raptor titan. Welcome aboard!

Shoot, I do that kind of stuff every time I fly a RC heli.:eek:

Oh, you mean he is doing it on purpose????

R/C Helicopter Memories

It's amazing to me to see what guys like Jason can do with an R/C helicopter.

I remember my R/C fixed wing days... Way back in 1975, there was a guy at our field trying to learn how to fly an R/C helicopter. Granted, they were rudimentary machines compared to what they have now. Every time he tried to fly the thing he'd get about three feet off the ground and then it was "HIT THE DECK!" That poor helicopter would go in to the ground and throw chunks of sod like a wounded turkey. It was both funny and sad. For every 30 seconds of flight (?) that guy would spend about 10 hours of repair plus some money. Next weekend, he'd be back to try again. That guy had patience.

I moved to another town and never did know if he tamed the beast, but I still have vivid memory of that machine flogging the earth!!

I am in awe of guys like Jason who can stay ahead of a flying machine like that. I wonder if there's some spot in the military or covert services for that kind of talent.

How is that possible?!? WOW!!!

I'm not sure if the manufacturers of the Trex500 even thought that was possible?!? ...just amazing!

- Peter

they design those things to do exactly what he is doing. Granted it is hard on the machines. After each round they thoroughly check out everything. I have seen Jason fly in person while I was a crew member of a competitor at the Futaba sponsored XFC (Extreme Flight Championships), it is truly amazing what these guys can do. You should check out the airplane guys as well.

Go Team Orange!!!! (it's an XFC thang!!)

HOLY C*AP!! That is unbelievable!! Nice skills...he must have Alien Ware wired to his brain or something!!

:cool::cool:

Yup, Jason and Szabo Jr are the best of the best in that industry. Really cool to watch them fly. That video above is good... you should check out these guys flying the nitro powered ones! The type of flying they compete in is called "3D". Basically highly aggressive aerobatics using all three axis' of control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPJWIkO3eXM

Darwin, thanks for the introduction and the very warm welcome from all of you guys.

I?m fairly certain the RV thing, like RC helicopters is probably going to be a lifelong addiction and I?d be happy to swap helicopter stories for RV ones anytime. I live in the Phoenix area and the planes are at Deer Valley (DVT)??so if any of you want to get together sometime and fly (RV or RC) I?d really be interesting in hanging out.

When I do attend a RV fly in (I hope to soon) I?ll throw a helicopter in the back for some lunch time entertainment.

Jason Krause

Shoot, I do that kind of stuff every time I fly a RC heli.:eek:

Oh, you mean he is doing it on purpose????
I was thinking the same thing. The one and only time a friend let me try flying his RC HC looked kind of like that, only it didn't last as long and the HC couldn't fly again.

Jason, welcome to the VAF forum and RV flying!

Darwin, thanks for the introduction and the very warm welcome from all of you guys.

I?m fairly certain the RV thing, like RC helicopters is probably going to be a lifelong addiction and I?d be happy to swap helicopter stories for RV ones anytime. I live in the Phoenix area and the planes are at Deer Valley (DVT)??so if any of you want to get together sometime and fly (RV or RC) I?d really be interesting in hanging out.

When I do attend a RV fly in (I hope to soon) I?ll throw a helicopter in the back for some lunch time entertainment.

Jason Krause

I need you to teach me everything you know about R/C Heli... :D

On a serious note, man I really admire you and alan's skills. Im just a wanna-be that can barely fly mine upside down! :( Maybe someday...

Great Flying!

That is incredible. It is really fun to watch someone when they are in-tune with what they are doing.

Looking forward to seeing you fly in person someday.
Welcome to the RV community.

Follow up

Being in the hobby I have seen Jason fly many times. I even remember when he learned to fly model helicopters. He has flown demo flight at our airpark open house several times. The video, although impressive, is nothing to being there and seeing it live. It is probably a good idea to have the fire department standing by to revive those that will nearly have a heart attack from watching his performance.

Finally, Jason is a little humble. If I remember, he designed all of the TRex series of helicopters and a couple of Nitro birds as well. Pretty amazing that he has had the opportunity to travel all over the world to fly models. He is a great addition to the RV family.

Hopefully he is can be given some time to do a few demos at LOE in 09.

snip...Hopefully he is can be given some time to do a few demos at LOE in 09.

Consider it done :).

Welcome aboard, Jason! I always saw my r/c heli as a flying credit card back in the day when I tried it for a year or so. Had an 'Xcell 60' if memory serves (or not). Man was that thing hard to fly...

b,
dr