skidmk

Well Known Member
okay,,, maybe its me (it usually is),, but heres the dilema. I'm making the F-864E cable anchor for the throttle assembly.

using the dims on the plan I need to drill 3 holes that are 7/16 in diameter,, not a problem, however, if I use the dims on the plans to center the drill, each hole will actually cut a notch out of the plate,,, not what it looks like in the picture.:confused:

what am I doing wrong?

Mike

Hmmm.. Not sure why it would work out that way, Mike. I made (and re-made) mine a few weeks ago. Here are some pictures of it.

Make sure, after you mark the centerpoints of the three holes, that the edge radius of the part itself is 3/8" and the diameter of your holes will be 7/16," not 7/8". That would definitely result in the problem you mentioned. Other than that, I guess I'd check and double-check the dimensions again...

Best of luck!

thanks Buck,,, as usual.... re-measured and it looks okay... not as pretty as yours... but,,,functional.

M

I screwed that part up too. I just received the replacement angle with my finish kit today. The mistake I made was; when I cut the angle to the basic dims., I cut the leg that gets the 3-holes to the dimension shown on the dwg. BEFORE factoring in for the material loss due to radiiusing. NO GOOD. :mad:

Now just wait until you have to cut the hole in the gear tower Mike....;)

Hint: It's probably going to be big and triangular!

Paul

that was very timely Paul..... just looking at that this morning. My throttle console came out very nice, it is primed and painted and ready for install... after the hole....!

:)