txshan130

Well Known Member
Hi Everyone....first off, Merry Xmas and happy holidays. I am still on the road but plan to be home tomorrow evening...where my new GRT Mini-AP backup EFiS is waiting for me!

Currently, I have an AP select switch that allows me to select ARINC 429 inputs for my Trutrak AP; either the 429 inputs straight from the G430W or the 429 inputs from my GRT EFIS.

I would like to add another option...and have the Mini-AP EFIS be a third input selection for the autopilot. Problem is I can't seem to find a switch for this. I'm sure several of you have already done this..does anyone have a part number and/or source for a switch that would work?

Thanks in advance...I did several searches on the web and forum and just can't seem to find one that would work without a bunch of modifications.

Since ARINC 429 has 4 wires (2 channels in and 2 channels out), Google "4p3t switch" and pick your poison. Most likely a rotary switch to do what you want.

Thx for the reply...only using the out ARINC 429 wires from EFIS, G430, MINI-AP so think I need a DP3T switch after doing some more research...Found a NKK switch p/n M2044SS1W01 that should work. Maybe this will help someone else looking :)

That will work. You don't need to hook up the ARINC from AP to other items. You just need the ARINC into the AP, so just a double pole will work. You could also use 2 dpdt switches, but not as clean.