Darren S

Well Known Member
I am close to closing a deal on a -6. Finally !! Anyways, it's down in Louisiana and I'm way up in Western Canada. I can drive to Great Falls, Montana but getting the bird from Louisiana to Montana is looking like it's going to cost me $2200.

There has got to be a more economical way. Maybe some Van's fans have some suggestions, or know of a trucker willing to work for hire :)

Thanks,

Darren

Sounds normal

it's going to cost me $2200.

Darren, that seems like a reasonable number to me. My Rocket kit cost a similar amount to get delivered to the border from Texas a couple years ago. I bought a boat from down that way last year and again paid that amount to have someone tow it up to Shelby, Montana.

I assume the -6 you bought is unfinished? If it were flyable of course that opens up more options.

Good Deal

Darren I checked the price to move a 6-A project from upstate New York to Mesa Arizona in one of those "PODS" container two years ago and it came to $5,800.00. The price you received seems like a deal to me.

Partain

Check with Tony Partain. He moved my project from Atlanta to Phx. If they have a truck in the area they can probably work it in. They don't just move new kits.