N62XS

Well Known Member
I'm trying to find the # for two parts. One is a brace that is installed in the inside of the firewall, passenger side, maybe known as the "gascolator brace". The second one is a cross brace for the heater vent assembly that blocks the heat from traveling down to the floor and directs the heat out through the vent slits at the top of the assembly. This part maybe for a 7 or 7A. Hope this is clear enough. These parts are not on my older 6A plans.

Thanks in advance

This?

I'm trying to find the # for two parts. One is a brace that is installed in the inside of the firewall, passenger side, maybe known as the "gascolator brace". The second one is a cross brace for the heater vent assembly that blocks the heat from traveling down to the floor and directs the heat out through the vent slits at the top of the assembly. This part maybe for a 7 or 7A. Hope this is clear enough. These parts are not on my older 6A plans.

Thanks in advance

Robby... the "gascolator brace" part is a -7 part and probably will not fit your firewall. The -6 firewall has an "X brace" on each side, the later firewalls have only a diagonal brace from the upper outer corners down. The -7 part would hit the extra brace in your firewall.
I just made my own to fit.
Also the newer -7 parts are pre-punched and assume the rivet holes are in specific locations... doesn't work on the old -6 kits...:)

The blanking plate in the heat box is F-982D "Heat Baffle".

I recommend you get a -6 plans update from Vans... it comes with copies of the -7/-9 drawings that are somewhat applicable to the older -6 models.
The heat box bit is on Drawing 34 of the -7 called "Center Cabin Cover" and details the central cover down the middle of the floor boards as well as the heat box.

hope this helps... gil A

Part #

The P/N for the gascolator brace is VA-161 and the P/N for the air block is F-982D. I am doing the same thing you are with my 6. When I ordered my finish kit It came with the RV7 plans. That way the vans FWF kits for the RV7 will work on the RV6. I did use the RV7 gascolator bracket. Just had to do a simple modification to fit the RV6 firewall cross brace. See picture.
001ab1.jpg

Aaron

Make your own and extend it...

Robby...if you make your own gascolator bracket, you can extend it downwards and include nut plates for mounting the alternator current limiter (aka "big fuse") and the alternator current sensor if you are going with the AeroElectric Z-11 scheme.

This lower location just inboard and below the gascolator is ideal since it keeps the leads to the contactors really short.

I made two separate plates, but had it been planned better, one plate would have done it...:)

gil A