f1rocket

Well Known Member
I'm rigging the controls in the -12 and thought I'd ask before drilling a couple of important holes.

I'm getting ready to drill the flaperon torque tubes and I have the controls locked in the neutral position per the plans. The torque tubes from the mixer to the rear are not aligned with one another. I can reason with myself that this is okay because the mixer arm is locked in it's most forward position and the right torque tube must swing in a wider arc as the mixer arm is moved aft.

However, before I drill these important holes. I wanted to make sure that the torque tubes should not be perfectly aligned with one another. I hate to take it all apart and double check the measurements only to find out that everything was correct. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Randy,
I drilled mine a few weeks ago. The exact same scenario you mention! As long as the flaperons are clamped to the wings in the neutral position per the plans, and as long as your flaperons are fully seated into the torque tubes: drill them!
Again, mine were exactly as you described. As long as things are engaged and clamped, and the flaperon mixer is locked with a bolt ( per the plans) it is what it is. Drill away!

Same. Just followed the plans. Locked the controls with the long bolt, clamped the flaperons and drilled.