guccidude1

Well Known Member
Friend
Sometime last year, someone posted an email quoting an engine builder saying that the correct 10-# for carbs on lycomings used on RVs is...... I have spent the last hour searching the forums using the key words carbs, carburetors, 10-# for carbs, carburetors, correct 10-# for RV carbs, carburetors, etc. Does anyone remember this post or by any chance the 10-# for sp 4-5 Marvel carb for an o-360 on a RV-9A. Thanks, Dan

10-#####

Sometime last year, someone posted an email quoting an engine builder saying that the correct 10-# for carbs on lycomings used on RVs is...... I have spent the last hour searching the forums using the key words carbs, carburetors, 10-# for carbs, carburetors, correct 10-# for RV carbs, carburetors, etc. Does anyone remember this post or by any chance the 10-# for sp 4-5 Marvel carb for an o-360 on a RV-9A. Thanks, Dan

It will depend on the -Dash# after the O-360. Post that number and hopefully Mahlon will jump and come up with the proper number.

10-4164-1 is common. 10-3878-M is the same thing as the 10-4164-1. 10-3878 and 10-5193 are also used. These are by far the most used carburetors on the O-360 engine.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

RE: 10-# for O-360 carb

Guys: Thanks for the info, especially the Kelly Aerospace link. Ya'll did in minutes where I had wasted an hour with no joy. The engine was an O-360A4K (Grumman Tiger) converted to a vertical updraft -A4M to be installed on a C-172 Super Hawk. Hurricane got the airframe before install and I got the engine. Thanks again for the help, Dan.