BrentHumphreys

Well Known Member
I just got the RV-10 Emp kit yesterday, and as I was unpacking, and doing the inventory, I noticed the VS-1003 has some damage.

I am curious what the group here thinks about a possible repair. Looks like I should be able to straighten the main part of the part with a block of wood, then straighten the rest with a hand seamer.

I am concerned about the crease along the line of holes. Any advice would be very appreciated.
Bigger photos here
2683107804_d5c16979ab_m.jpg

2683108872_ff5e98a13c_m.jpg

2682294131_e627f36492_m.jpg

Why fix it?

Damaged in shipment? sounds like either Vans or the shipping company owes you a new one free of charge..

Don't use it-replace

Just call Van's up and tell them it is damaged. They will send you a new one (free of charge).

Sometimes stuff happens.

Paul

Yeah, I plan on it. I was hoping to get started on it this weekend. That is the first part of the kit.
I suppose I could do some work on the rudder.

Yeah, I plan on it. I was hoping to get started on it this weekend. That is the first part of the kit.
I suppose I could do some work on the rudder.

Battery tray or trim assembly is another thing you can do while you wait.

Both lots easier than the vert stab.

Or, just start de-burring parts:( so that when the new spar comes in, you have all the rest of the stab pieces ready:D

You could even use the damaged spar to mock up the assembly, drill/dimple etc, and then when the replacement spar comes in, just use it for the actual final sequence.

Or, just have a cold one and read the plans.:D

What's an RSS Feed?

It stands for really simple syndication. News sites, blogs, etc use it as a way for you to pull content from many sources to a "Fead Reader" like Google reader, or Outlook 2007, etc.

Each new topic on VAF creates a new entry in the feed, I can skim that list and click the link to get to the topics that are interesting to me.

For me, this is easier than going to different sites and checking for new messages.

I can also use it to follow many builders logs, etc.

Hope that helps