crabandy

Well Known Member
Please help identify ports on the accessory case. Engine is o-360 experimental best I can come up with hio-360A1LD
1st pic: I'm mostly sure about the locations of oil return from cooler, breather and oil pressure but what is the port used for that is plugged behind the oil pressure AN fitting?
6452F979-7EA4-4237-A914-947AC31BC690-47012-000076955214DFD1.jpg

Right side of engine in front of the oil filter. A is the port from the previous pics/questions. I'm pretty sure D is the Vernathem, it has a PMA part #. I had originally thought E was the oil to the cooler but not so sure.
7E6B101E-F9CE-44B1-A694-1BEFD3C567E5-47012-000076954B7B6317.jpg

Also the plugs don't seem to be NPT, they have a rubber O-ring instead. The AN fittings in Vans FWF kit for the oil cooler lines are way to small to fit, advice?

Thanks,
Andy

Last edited:
IO-360-A3B6D or similar......a single dual-mag accessory case.

The books identify your mystery plug as the oil temperature well, with plug "B" as the alternate location.

"C" is shown as the oil cooler connection.

"D" is the vernatherm.

"E" is shown as the turbocharger oil drainback location.

Thanks Dan!!! What reference/where can I find this online?
There are currently AN unions like these in my accessory case, Is this an approved method?
AN815C.jpg

To hook up the oil cooler should I buy these reducers (AN912-8D 3/4-3/8) and use Van's supplied AN fittings (AN822-8D 1/2inch TubeO.D. 3/8 thread)? Steel?
AN912C.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
What reference/where can I find this online?

Unknown. I happen to have a parts manual.

There are currently AN unions like these in my accessory case, Is this an approved method?

The manual calls for an AN919-15 with an MS29512-10 o-ring, assuming you want to use 1/2" hoses for the oil cooler plumbing.

Safety Wire?

Should these AN-919 with MS29512-10 Oring fittings in my accessory case be Safety Wired? They are not drilled, but it seems everything else (temp sensor plug, vernathem, plugs) is drilled.
AN919C_1.jpg

Thanks,
Andy

Bump....Should I saftey wire the AN919 with O-ring on my accessory ports? They aren't drilled, but I could drill and safety....
Thanks,
Andy

If you're not installing a fitting with pipe threads, then yes, I would think you would safety wire these on. It won't hurt to do it although it might not be necessary. Also you might want to consider installing steel fittings especially if you are going to connect a 1/2" oil line to it.

Thanks, I was kinda thinking just drill wire and be done. My fittings are steel but the only pics I found were aluminum.