chorrell

I'm New Here
A question for the hive-mind:

I'm contemplating the purchase of a RV-14a kit that a local builder has started and almost finished but is selling due to health reasons that will prevent him from flying it. He started in 2019 with a quick-build kit, bought a new Lycoming IO-390, had Steinair make a Garmin IFR panel, purchased an interior from one of the RV parts suppliers, and is almost ready for first engine start and airworthiness inspection. I'm trying to find someone who is very familiar with RV builds and could take a look at it as a pre-buy inspection, ideally maybe it could double as an airworthiness inspection if this someone is a DAR. I called Vic Syracuse down in Georgia, as he seemed the perfect candidate, but he says he just doesn't travel this far to do inspections.

Does anyone know someone in the New England area who knows RV's well enough to do a good pre-buy inspection, with bonus points if they are a DAR?

Thanks in advance,
Chuck

Rick Grey might be a good person to talk to.

Here is a list of folks you might be able to use. Rick is listed in Ohio, but I seem to remember he has moved more toward the NE area.