scsmith

Well Known Member
OK, I'm doing the last few chores on my engine install and hookup.
A few questions on details that some of the experienced guys can help me with:

1) The little bayonet fittings that screw into the cylinder heads for the CHT probes appear to be NPT thread? Should I put some anti-sieze on the threads? It isn't sealing anything, so I see no need for actual pipe thread sealant, but anti-sieze might be a good idea?

2) The screw-on ignition harness fittings that screw onto the ends of the spark plugs - should I put anti-sieze on those?

3) Same for the automotive spark plug adapter inserts? Anything else special I should be careful about putting those in?

I have one mag and one light speed EI on an IO-360-A1A ( 200 hp)

Thanks!

Thanks.

Thanks Gasman,

I did find in the Light Speed EI installation manual the details on the installation of the auto plug adapters. Confirmed that the get anti-sieze.

Thanks for the info, very helpful. Odd that in a full day, with 162 views,yours was the only response. I appreciate it.

Steve.

Anti-Seize Compounds

I use the Champion anti-seize for spark plugs and it would probably work for the applications you specify. However, for your intended use, i would get a tube of C-5 compound. we used to use it for hi temp applications on turbine engines and I have used it for years on all things EGT, exhaust, CHT, etc.

Thanks Gasman,

I did find in the Light Speed EI installation manual the details on the installation of the auto plug adapters. Confirmed that the get anti-sieze.

Thanks for the info, very helpful. Odd that in a full day, with 162 views,yours was the only response. I appreciate it.

Steve.

It doess seem odd except I think everyone is at Oskosh - everyone except for us REAL builders!!!

Oshkosh? whats that? Oh yeah, maybe next year.

You'll enjoy it Steve - come out with the NASA gang next year - it's a lot of fun! Somehow I got parked literally next to the NASA building - I am wondering if Sprucemoose had something to do with that, or if I just got lucky....:confused:

No rock star treatment

You'll enjoy it Steve - come out with the NASA gang next year - it's a lot of fun! Somehow I got parked literally next to the NASA building - I am wondering if Sprucemoose had something to do with that, or if I just got lucky....:confused:

Paul, you just got lucky. I inquired :).

Paul, you just got lucky. I inquired :).

That was the only logical conclusion that I could come up with as well....too many airplanes! They were stuffing RV's in every empty spot they could find on Tuesday morning - and moving fences to do it when they needed to.:eek:

It's getting very sparse now....almost sad in fact.

Paul