RV7Guy

Well Known Member
On my new 7 project I plan to put a full CA interior including the carpet kits. For those of you who have the CA interiors what do I really need paint?

I don't want to get the interior until I'm a couple of month out from flying but obviously the all of the interior build will be done by then. I don't want to paint anything more than I have to.

Thanks in advance.

paint areas

top of sides including longerons, flap covers, brace behind seats, inside of top aft deck skin, canopy rails, maybe spar covers and fuel valve covers

pic

I painted the whole interior. This will give you an idea of what's covered. It's hard to tell, but there are two panels supplied by CAD that go on each side by your knees. The angle still shows between.

web.jpg

On my new 7 project I plan to put a full CA interior including the carpet kits. For those of you who have the CA interiors what do I really need paint

Darwin, check out CAD's web site under Aviator package (RV7). Look at the photos. I believe that they are clear enough to get an idea of what to paint.
I'm very pleased with the quality. Oh ya, you don't have to paint a lot of your interior.
Regards.

I did

Hi Lorne,

I looked at all of the photos. There were a couple of good examples but wanted to get some comments from some that actually experienced the install.

On that note, it is interesting that there are pictures on there of guys planes with NO interior shots:)

Darwin, check out CAD's web site under Aviator package (RV7). Look at the photos. I believe that they are clear enough to get an idea of what to paint.
I'm very pleased with the quality. Oh ya, you don't have to paint a lot of your interior.
Regards.

I painted it all . . .

I painted it all. Just seemed easier and if I decide to leave out some carpet or side panels the interior will at least look finished. Particularly in the baggage compartment.

One thing not apparent in any pictures and on the side of "why bother" is that their side panels (and seats) are attached with velco strips that are visible when side panels are not installed.

That said, it still seemed easier to me to just paint it all. I would do it again.

Allen Fulmer
RV7 Finishing wiring
N808AF reserved
Alexander City, AL