Stewie

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi all-
I have a PM3000 intercom that is handling the audio for my SL30 and Skyview. I'm curious if anyone knows how the SL30 Nav Audio (SL30 D37 pins 23/20) and Skyview audio (SV D37 pins 13/31) connect to the PM3000? This RV is my first experience wiring and so far so good, but this particular nexus has me stumped. FWIW, I read the applicable manual sections for all 3 products, spent a couple hours looking on VAF/the internet, and had a fellow builder look at it, but no luck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Eric

I assume you already have the com audio from the sl30 routed to pin14 on the 3000? The 3000 has two unswitched inputs, pins 17, and 4.
Attach the skyview audio to one of these, 4 or 17.
Then:
Option 1. Do nothing more. In the SL30 internal set up you can choose the option which mixes the nav audio with the com audio. OR
(2) run the sl30 nav audio to the other unswitched pin on the 3000, whichever is not used by the skyview. Choose the separate line option on the sl30 setup.

In either case, in the sl30 setup menu, Preset the nav volume by trial and error. When you want to hear nav audio, just push ID on the sl30 to cycle thru morse code, voice, and silence.

Option 1. Do nothing more. In the SL30 internal set up you can choose the option which mixes the nav audio with the com audio. OR

In either case, in the sl30 setup menu, Preset the nav volume by trial and error. When you want to hear nav audio, just push ID on the sl30 to cycle thru morse code, voice, and silence.

Anyone know if the GTN650/750 has this option of mixing nav and com audio?

Still stuck

Thanks for your input Bob. Unfortunately, I have the 6 place version 11932 model of the PM3000 which does not have unswitched audio input (4 and 17 are for music #2). I spoke with Mark at PSE this morning and he confirmed that Skyview audio cannot be input to this unit. However, it appears the SL30 allows NAV audio to be piggybacked onto COM, so that is half of the solution. It seems like Rick Galati came up with a solution to the Dynon audio in this thread, any reason to suspect this would not work in my case?
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=34159

Thanks,
Eric

Last edited:
Yes, that should work. Use resistors to (1) set the Dynon to a couple of volts, max, and (2) isolate (I'd suggest 150 ohms, minimum) each source from each other. You understand there may be some interaction between them, and the resistors will reduce the volumes.
A better way is to build or buy a mixer circuit, with gain one for the sl30 and whatever the Dynon needs (likely less than one) and feed its output into the intercom's com input. If you're handy with a soldering iron you can build your own for $5 in parts, all the cost is labor!
Mindful that if the mixer fails you will have no audio, you may want to parallel the sl30's output to an emergency panel jack, so you could plug your headset directly into the sl30 if you had to.