GETST8FRM

This is my 2nd "Help" posing in two days:confused: I am about to start a panel update to Dynon Skyviews and have seen pictures of Russ Dent's 9A panel that was built without the canopy release. I bought my 9A already built, but would like to modify the canopy release so it will not extend through the panel (It is in the way of where I want my Garmin stack to be). Any ideas? I would like for my 9A to look as clean as Mr. Dent's. Thanks to all.

There are a couple of options.

You can simply bolt it in place or make the T-handle run vertically like this:

Check out the instrument page of my web site for more details.

Last edited:
This is my 2nd "Help" posing in two days:confused: I am about to start a panel update to Dynon Skyviews and have seen pictures of Russ Dent's 9A panel that was built without the canopy release. I bought my 9A already built, but would like to modify the canopy release so it will not extend through the panel (It is in the way of where I want my Garmin stack to be). Any ideas? I would like for my 9A to look as clean as Mr. Dent's. Thanks to all.

Hi Evan,

Haven't talked with you in awhile, hope things are well with your plane!

If you want to install a stack in the center of the panel you must remove the canopy release system. You will need to cut access holes in the sub-panel and that is impossible with the release installed.

Having no release is not an issue since there are no known instances of an attempted or successful inflight release. Many RVs are now built without the release mechanism. Just use bolts or pins to secure the canopy in place of the pins associated with the release.

Gentlemen:
I thank you for the advice/help. Mr. Buchanan, the EZ-Pilot I bought from you has been flawless. Got a GNS-430W beta you need to get rid of? Nice talking with you again.