shamer

Well Known Member
Gauge (FP5L) aren't on speaking terms! I'd like to talk to anyone who has successfully made these two work together.
My Garmin is driving my TruTrac autopilot okay. The output line from the Garmin is split off to both instruments. I've checked the conductivity of the wiring from plug to plug and it's good.
I know there are many things to consider so a phone conversation may be best. If anyone thinks they can help, please send me a private message with a phone number and a good time to call.

Thanks,

What baud rate and data format is the fuel flow instrument expecting?

I agree with Matt. The only way you can successfully split a serial output line is to ensure that all of the devices connected to the line can be configured for the same baud rate and format.

What baud rate and data format is the fuel flow instrument expecting?

mcb

Matt,

I have the Fuel Flow instrument set on "IN3" which "receives NMEA data from most hand held GPS units at 4800 baud." This setting is according to the installation manual for the Fuel Flow instrument. The Garmin is set to "NMEA in/NMEA out" and 4800 baud. The TruTrac is working fine with this setting. I've spoken with EI about this and they don't have an answer.

Thanks,

Okay, well, the thing about "standard NMEA data" is that there are lots of different "standards" to choose from! I suggest trying to find out which NMEA sentences the instrument is expecting to see. (I looked in the install manual available online, but didn't see it in their documentation)

mcb