scsmith

Well Known Member
Hi,
I'm working on a project and I need to get a couple of measurements off of the spar root end of an RV-7 or RV-8.

It would help me to not have to pull my wings early if I could visit someone nearby.

RV-7 or RV-8 wing spars, in any stage of completion from boxed to complete wings would be fine, just need to be off the fuselage.

It will take me less than a half hour to take the measurements if I can come visit you.

Thanks.

I am over in Livermore if you can't find something closer.
RV8, QB wings on a stand, fuselage not touched yet.

Last edited:
I live in Morgan Hill have one wing done and the second one is almost reaady to start riveting together. You are welcome to come by anytime you probably
don't remember me but you let me look at your plane about four years ago when I was just starting my build.
Paul

Hi Steve,

I'm just finishing up with my -7 wings (last bottom skin is ready for final riveting). The spar ends are hanging in the breeze here in Half Moon Bay. Free airport pickup can be arranged!

thanks guys!

thanks to all the local builders that replied. I now have about 80% of what I need. Just need a few more dimensions.

Bill -- I should pop over to see your project in any case, I worked with your Dad for about 20 years, in fact he hired me out of UC Davis 34 years ago. I pinged you a few years ago as you were just starting, I should come by and show you my project and see yours.

I also have a colleague with a C-140 at HAF that I should visit.
I'm pretty busy for the next several weekends. Aug 9/10 is a possibility. I will ping you again as the date gets closer, thanks.

Paul - fantastic to hear your progress. Thanks. I'll get back to you if I can later.

Hi Steve ... sounds great; looking forward to hooking up! Full contact info sent via PM.

-Bill

Last edited: