RONSIM

Well Known Member
I have not been able to find hose fittings to fit the Kavlico fuel/oil pressure senders =- weird thread size - 5/8-28 -- would like to hook up to AN hose fittings. What have you folks done?

Thanks,

Ron

If you have the same sensors I have (supplied by Dynon), these are NPT threads...interfacing an AN fitting would require a fitting with a female NPT to male AN fitting. Earls sell these...check Summit Racing or Jegs, or use Vans manifold as I did. Hope this helped

Mark, thanks - not sure

where I got the 5/8-28 size --- their online store now calls them 1/8 NPT -- sure don't look like 1/8.

Ron

where I got the 5/8-28 size --- their online store now calls them 1/8 NPT -- sure don't look like 1/8.

Ron
I believe that on an NPT fitting, the 1/8" refers to the inside diameter of the fitting. At any rate, they work perfectly with Vans manifold and that's how I've used them!

Thanks guys

I believe I have the oil pressure sender covered, thanks to your help --- now trying to find an adapter to go from my old fuel pressure AN-2 line to the 1/8NPT on the sender ---- none of the shops around here handle anything smaller than -3 fittings --- I have ordered a couple of -2 adapters from Spruce that might work.

Ron

Got my oddball adapters from Tom @ TS Flightlines.
Found the female end of the adapter needs to have the threads chased to screw onto the Kavlico.
Good luck.

Duh! - my old combo gauge

had the fittings (AN to NPT) plugged in the back---- only realized that as I was thinking of options. --

Just a matter of coupling the male-male NPT to hook up the senders.

Again, thanks for all the help.

Ron

Edit: -- Flyingcriki ----- yes, the adapter that Gearhead sold me is weird -- first two or three threads screw right into the female, but then tighten up --- if I need to use it, I will chase the threads -- thanks for the tip.

Last edited: