hecilopter

Well Known Member
Anyone ordered or heard from Bill recently?

My wife, Susan, had to confess that she ordered a model for me for Xmas, N357RV. She placed the order on 9/17, sent a money order for $135, and said she lost contact with Bill by phone and email about 10/3. Now it looks like the createaplane.com website is gone. Any info would be appreciated. I sent him a PM,an email message and left him a voice mail this morning.

I have this info for Bill. If this is incorrect or anyone knows otherwise, please respond.

Phone Number for Bill Briley - 910.574.0211
email for Bill Briley - [email protected]

Thanks!

Rusty

Last edited:
Rusty -

Sorry to hear. I got my models earlier this year through Bill, and they turned out really well. But....i think a lot of these things are part time sales sites by fellows who have figured out how to contact the builders in the Philippines, where all the work is done. There was a fellow who did this in the Grumman world, and after doing a bunch of models for the Gang, he set it up as a business, but it petered out and while his web site was still up, he wouldn't answer anyone. I hope this isn't the case with Bill, as my deal went very well.

When my -8 models were being built, I was sent progress reports and questions from the guy "at the factory" - maybe he can tell you what's going on. I saved his address as :

Winston Uy
[email protected]

Good luck, and let us know what you find out!

Paul

Thanks Paul

for the info. I sent Winston an email explaining the situation and am awaiting a reply. I hope this gets resolved, I WOULD like to have the model for XMAS! :)

It seems several people have ordered and received their models, it just doesn't make sense :confused:

Thanks!

Possible bad news

I just got this email from Winston Uy....

Hi Rusty,

I'm sorry but we are supposed to be doing custom planes for him (Bill Briley) but he hasn't paid us yet for several models we have already done and delivered since August. I couldn't contact him either. Can you search google for bill briley, you can find his website in there. We are an overseas company and we have a limited means of contacting him.

regards
winston

Uh oh....

It's bad when a supplier starts asking the customer to help track down the middle-man....:(