RV6aaa

I'm New Here
I need to replace my COM antenna. It's a white fiberglass straight whip-- looks very similar to the AV-10 and other similar RAMI or Comant or DM-- but it's not. It has a smaller 4 bolt mount pattern and footprint than the Cessna standard. I'd like to find a direct replacement to save painting and drilling for a new mount. Any ideas what it might be? Thanks.

HPIM0129.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
More Info?

Can you post some dimensions such as the distance between the mounting studs and maybe a picture of the antenna? I will bet that one of our members can help you, but more info would assist.
Good Luck!
I need to replace my COM antenna. It's a white fiberglass straight whip-- looks very similar to the AV-10 and other similar RAMI or Comant or DM-- but it's not. It has a smaller 4 bolt mount pattern and footprint than the Cessna standard. I'd like to find a direct replacement to save painting and drilling for a new mount. Any ideas what it might be? Thanks.

You can go to the COMANT web site...

and browse through all of their antennas. Each one will take you to the mechanical mounting data for that particular antenna.

So, even if you do find a mounting hole pattern, this does not directly tell you what the antenna is used for. Is there any part number info anywhere on the antenna??

Also, if you can measure the length of the "whip", this may lead to a frequency band that the antenna was intended for...but this is somewhat nebulous.

More info

Thanks for the help. The distance between the front mount holes is 1.275" vs 1.625" for the standard and the rear mount holes are around 0.975" vs 1.625. The total length of the mount is 3.575" vs 5.3". 21" whip height. I've looked at ALL COM antennas' footprints and all the 3 hole and 4 holes seem to have the same standard pattern.

As I write this I think I know what it may be-- I just stripped the paint looking for a brand and didn't find one, but I did notice that it's irregular- holes and lines of the mount are not symmetrical. I'm thinking it's ground down and new holes drilled from a Comant or Rami??