flyerfifty

I'm New Here
Electroair ignition failed on my newly purchased RV8A on trip back to the east coast. I am unfamilier with the system and have put the aircraft in a hanger near Van's. Is there somebody out in the Portland OR area than can help me.

Weather looks good for the next few, would appreciate help as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Please call Jeff at (508) 726-9995

PROBLEM SOLVED, THANKS TO THE GREAT HELP OF TIM JAMES (USE OF HIS HANGER AND TOOLS AND A RIDE TO GET A BORROWED MAG), WE WERE ON OUR WAY AND ARRIVED ON CAPE COD, MASS LAST NIGHT. THANKS TO BILL GOUGH (AERO MAINTENANCE AT PEARSON FIELD) FOR THE PARTS NEEDED AND WILLY (OUR OLD 5B6 MANAGER) THE PEARSON FIELD MANAGER.

THANKS TO ALL THE RESPONSE'S WE RECEIVED FROM THIS POST AND TO VAN'S AIR FORCE.NET

AGAIN A HUGE THANKS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JEFF/MITCH

Last edited:
Their phone number is 866-494-3002
Another number: 248.666.3002

Last edited:
Yank it, put a good old fashioned mag on it to get it home, then play with the gremlins later. The mags may be slightly less efficient, but they are old-school reliable enough to get you home where you can figure out the details.

If you don't get a local call ...

Electroair ignition failed on my newly purchased RV8A on trip back to the east coast. I am unfamilier with the system and have put the aircraft in a hanger near Van's. Is there somebody out in the Portland OR area than can help me.

Weather looks good for the next few, would appreciate help as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Please call Jeff at (508) 726-9995

Can you supply more info?

1. How did it "fail"?
a. Does it not work at all?
b. Does it run rough?
c. Can you start?
d. Does it "pop" under high manifold pressure?

2. Are you using REM37BYs as spark plugs or automotive 386's?

3. Do you know where the fuse to the power wire (+12) is located?

Feel free to call me this weekend if you don't reach anyone as I have used one for over 1000 hours.

James
803-238-2113
... not affiliated with ElectroAir ... just a user

Checks

Check all your connectors. Had multiple failures with Lightspeed and it was just crummy connectors. Cleaned with electro-cleaner fluid and made it home to change them out to good ones. :rolleyes: