ignacio

can some one please help. i am having the hardest time installing the tank plate nuts on the spar. theres is hardly any clearance for me to squeeze or buck. oh i forgot one of the skins is already riveted on, (dont ask) am i the only one with this problem?. can i use pop rivets? vans says there should be enough space but trust me it doesnt. thanks

Try these

It has been awhile since I accomplished the task you are working on and I hope this helps, but try these pliers.

http://www.crawfordtool.com/knipex_plier_wrenches.html

The 10" knipex works wonders! I have sqeezed hundereds of 3/32 and 1/8 countersink rivets with these. Poor mans rivet squeezers but they worth the high price. Great tool to have on road trips too, it saved me a few times!!!

OR if that is not doable, I suggest CCR264SS-3-"?" blind cherry rivet..."Open end pop rivet ideal to fasten nutplates. 100 Deg countersunk. Rivet has steel stem and sleeve, sleeve is cadium plated. Dia 3/32, Grip .063-.125. The hole size should be .097-.101. Use #40 drill."
They are available from serveral vendors. I found them at Wicks. Before installing, dip the rivet in zinc chromate, epoxy primer or tank sealant before installing... help to keep dissimilar metal corrosion from happening. Just a tip from a picky person;) Hope this helps...KEEP BUILDING!!!