prkaye

Well Known Member
I think I must be mis-interpreting what the plans are showing for assembling the W-925 flap hinge brackets. I cut the corner off the W-925B-L (the 0.75x0.75x31/8 aluminum angles with the slight bend at one end) as shown on DWG 14. But when I hold this up to the W-925A as shown in the plans it doesn't look at all right. The photo linked below should explain what I mean... this isn't right is it?

***EDITED - when I put this on the wing and look at how it fits together with the rear spar, it actually looks like this is right (just looked odd by itself)... please correct me if I'm wrong!

Another question - all the holes for attaching the W-925A are pre-punched in the inboard rib, but only two of the holes are pre-punched in the other ribs... why is this??

Last edited:
Flap Hinge Bracket

That appears to be correct, since the 925B-L will slide underneath the lip of the rear spar.

thanks Jim! that photo was helpful.
So any idea why only the inboard rib has all those holes pre-punched for the W-925A? Just not sure why they went to the trouble only for one rib, where they just gave the two guide holes in the other ribs.

prkaye said:
thanks Jim! that photo was helpful.
So any idea why only the inboard rib has all those holes pre-punched for the W-925A? Just not sure why they went to the trouble only for one rib, where they just gave the two guide holes in the other ribs.

It has been some time since I have done this, but I think you will find that the ribs are not pre-punched to allow you to adjust their position to get the pivot points to line up in all 3 brackets.

Fin 9A

ah... that does make sense... although the guide holes resulted in perfect alignment on mine with no adjustments.
I can't imagine building an RV in the days before pre-punched !