riffelj

I've got a TruTrak ADI II connected to a GNS430 (non-WAAS). Normally they communicate fine.

But I?m having occasional trouble switching the ADI II between the TRACK and NAV modes. Because the non-waas 430 does not fly the holds and procedure turns, I need to switch to TRACK to fly those ? and then back to NAV when I head inbound.

After using the NAV to fly to the intial fix, I switch to TRACK to fly the hold. When I tell the 430 that we?re going to the runway (and I get a magenta line), sometimes I can switch back to NAV ? and sometimes I cannot.

I?ve checked for a bad connection on the ground. I brought up the 430 to the Instrument Panel Self-Test page (pressing ENT only once). I pushed the ADI right button twice and got the NAV to come on. Then I wiggled the RS232 wire between the 430 and the ADI at each unit - and the NAV light was rock-solid. So it doesn't look like I've got a short.

When I call both TruTrak and Garmin, they are suspicious of the others box. So I?m in the middle.

If anyone has an ADI II to GNS430 (non-WAAS) configuration, I?d appreciate knowing if you have similar problems ? or if you can reliably switch between NAV and TRACK.

Thanks.

Have the same setup

in the RV-10 I fly ----- I have not had any issue in switching back and forth between track and nav (yet). Hope to get the WAAS upgrade sometime, but over 3K to do it.