N690RV

I'm New Here
As an introduction my name is Stephen. I got my private certificate in June of 2007 and my A&P in June of 2010. I have been working as a mechanic for American Eagle in Texas since August 2010 and started building my RV-7 in October of last year with help from my dad.

Hi there Stephen and welcome to VAF. I am a frequent customer of yours and ride many of your Eagle aircraft. Thanks for keeping them safe in the sky.

Stephen nice to have you here. I hope you will be offering your technical expertise to help builders. We need a lot of technical counsel :) Welcome!

Welcome

Welcome aboard Stephen. In my opinion, this site has the best amount of information from saftey to convienence. It is because of the people contributing and Doug Reeves, (site owner.)

We look forward to your contributions helping other RVers.

Welcome

Welcome to the forums! You will soon realize that this place is an epicenter for all things RV.

Have fun with it, ask questions, and give advice. Happy building and landings :D

Hi Stephen

Not sure how I missed another RV builder in ABI...:confused:
You may already know of the RV's on the west side EAA hangars.
I'm on the down-hill of a 7A and another 6A not far behind. There's a completed 6, a 9A and a couple of 10's.
I'll send you a PM with some other info.

Sam
I really haven't been over to the west side of the airport. I work on the east side at Eagle and have every other weekend off which I use to fly back home to the Tulsa, OK area which is where my family and the RV is.

Jay
I will have to try and make a stop there someday.

Visit RV Central!!!

Bought my already flying RV July 2011. I can't overstate how much I learned, working a few days, at RV Central at Hicks (T67), west side of Fort Worth. Recommend you visit Jay's shop, assist with RV1, and learn from people with years of experience working on RVs! I hope to return often to Jay's shop for more upgrades and learning experiences.

Carl

Bought my already flying RV July 2011. I can't overstate how much I learned, working a few days, at RV Central at Hicks (T67), west side of Fort Worth. Recommend you visit Jay's shop, assist with RV1, and learn from people with years of experience working on RVs! I hope to return often to Jay's shop for more upgrades and learning experiences.

Carl
Hello Carl - That your yellow plane I saw at Brazoria County (TX Gulf Coast Reg) this weekend? We're not restoring the RV-1, but there are some good builders (and even better pilots) that tend to congregate at the south end of Clover Field (Pearland). Off the top of my head, our little group has 16 experimentals that are anywhere between in the crate and 25 yrs flying. If you don't feel like burning $150 worth of avgas, stop by. Or call us on the radio. We're Lone Star Squadron.

Best wishes.

Bryan