RVG8tor

Well Known Member
...I am an RV addict!

I flew my plane the first time on 12.12.12 and completed the fly off and took it cross country to be painted at GLO Customs (WA-TX). It has already been a week and I am itching to go fly. The only thing keeping me sane is thinking about how great it will look once Grady has done his magic.

It is a long way to go for a paint job I know but Grady has a great reputation and I will be going to Florida to show off my plane to my family so you see this works out. I will pick up the plane in a month and continue the adventure to Florida. SnF will also be part of the trip.

I guess I better get to all the things around the house I have put off the last 5 years to pass the time. Oh and there is work, 12 day trip starting this weekend so that should pass the time some.

Patiently waiting!

Pictures

Nemo - I can probably find them in one of your other postings, but do you have any pictures of the design we can drool over? :D

No Picutures

Sorry no pictures yet, but when I pick it up I will post some. I am going with a P-51 style paint job but customized to me so it will not be historical. Basically one I would have used if I where king back in WWII. I realized it will be silly looking since the seat cushions I have are old ones from a friend, I will have to order some that match my paint in the future, I need to work some overtime first.

I was in a real push to get it done before SnF, my family is all in Florida and my dad turns 80 the same month. He is tickled to see the bird, and hopefully get a flight. Getting into the back of the RV-8 can be a challenge but he climbed into a NASCAR to do a few laps in Daytona 5 years ago so I am thinking he can handle it.

Cheers