SvingenB

Well Known Member
I have now ordered an RV-4 kit from Van's :) I just can't wait for it to take the long journey over the Atlantic and land on my doorstep here in Norway. I hope all pieces arrives.

I took the PPL in -92 and are now flying C-172, Grumman AA5A and an extremely sleek Chech built carbon ultralight named Atec Zephyr. I have allways wanted to build my own plane, and now - finally - it is actually happening :D

I work in R&D for the oil and energy sector and have a PhD in mechanical engineering/fluid dynamics (turbines, separation processes and process control). Lots of fun and interresting stuff, but the end result never matches the sheer beauty of an RV-4 :)

This looks like the most active RV board on the net, so I figured I should join and say hello.

Regards
Bj?rnar S

Velkommen Bj?rnar!

Wow, what a small world it is... I spent a little over a month in Stj?rdal in 1999 for Battle Griffin, at Vaernes Airport, with the U.S. Marine Corps. Beautiful town, beautiful country.

Best of luck with your RV project!

Serial

I just received my serial number: RV-4 #4520 :) It actually IS happening...

Jarhead: My house is on the hill north of the airport with a full view of the runway from my top window. I hope to get a spot in some hangar there.

Welcome....

Great start!

BTW: How do you guys get the little diagonal stripe over the "o" like the Scandinavians do?

Thanks,

pierre smith said:
BTW: How do you guys get the little diagonal stripe over the "o" like the Scandinavians do?

Thanks,
I shamelessly copied & pasted...
I'm sure Window$ has a way to do it from a North America version, but I haven't a clue how.

Bj?rnar,
You may remember me and my fellow Marines flying over you in our helicopters. I remember those hills to the north of the field quite well - it was one of the few times I witnessed in-flight icing actually happening.

Hallo Norge

Hyggelig med flere Rv-4 i Norge. Jeg holder til p? Tynset, og kj?pte meg en ferdigbygd i fjor h?st. Ta kontakt, s? kanskje det blir en tur til V?rnes.

Dag Edvard Larsen
[email protected]
mob: 97150628

Hallo Norge

Bra med flere RV-4 i Norge. Jeg kj?pte med en ferdigbygd i fjor h?st, og flyr den ifra Tynset. Ta kontakt s? kanskje det kan bli en V?rnestur.

Dag Edvard Larsen
[email protected]
mob: 97150628