JerryG150

Well Known Member
In an effort to share a hanger currently housing a Cessna Cardinal, I would like to know the height on an RV-12 with wheels inflated, from the ground to the top of the closed canopy (Van's didn't know and didn't have the plane available to measure). I just came from said hanger and neglected to measure the height of the bottom of the wings to the ground on the Cardinal.

Any guesses if I could slip the RV-12 canopy under the wings of the high wing Cardinal??? I would angle in the fuselage on one side and slip the wings & wing rack on the other side of the T-hander. I hope!

My 2 year old grandson is visiting Papa and Granny from OR, so I haven't been building my -12 for about 2 1/2 weeks ... but I've been having a ball!

Last edited:
Cardinal height

My brother had a Cardinal and I'm pretty sure you'll be ok; I don't remember 'ducking' in order to get in.
Meade

I do...

My brother had a Cardinal and I'm pretty sure you'll be ok; I don't remember 'ducking' in order to get in.
Meade

At 6'-3" I have to duck quite a bit to get under the wing on a Cardinal. We have an Arrow and a Warrior in the hangar with a Cardinal. The wing on the Cardinal will not clear the top of the fuse/windscreen area on either of these. It will go over the cowl area easily tho, which is how it gets moved in and out.

Canopy Height

Scaling off the three view drawing it looks like about 68 inches from floor to top of closed canopy.