Jeff A

Well Known Member
For those of you who have the "new" prepunched firewall, are you using the existing cutout for the firewall heater box that is located on the left side? If so, are you using firewall side actuation, or cabin side actuation? If the cabin side actuation is used, no SCAT tube can be connected, right? Will this setup provide adequate heating, as the air will essentially just "dump" into the cabin, and not have any direction to it.

I'm considering using the precut hole for my wire penetrations; moving the heatbox to the right hand side, use a firewall side actuating cable, and routing SCAT tubing through the baggage area to an eyeball vent. Any thoughts/suggestions?

I used the factory cut hole with firewall side actuation. I have one of the aftermarket stainless steel heater boxes with SCAT attached on the inside and routed back to a panel I added that mirrors the right side fwd baggage compartment.

Guy

For those of you who have the "new" prepunched firewall, are you using the existing cutout for the firewall heater box that is located on the left side? If so, are you using firewall side actuation, or cabin side actuation? If the cabin side actuation is used, no SCAT tube can be connected, right? Will this setup provide adequate heating, as the air will essentially just "dump" into the cabin, and not have any direction to it.

I'm considering using the precut hole for my wire penetrations; moving the heatbox to the right hand side, use a firewall side actuating cable, and routing SCAT tubing through the baggage area to an eyeball vent. Any thoughts/suggestions?

You are right on track. Continue with your plan. The rear seater will thank you! So will your toes!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
I took Guy's lead. You end up with exactly what Danny is suggesting, except on the left side versus the right, and you don't have any SCAT tube in your baggage compartment.

Joe

Stock location - aftermarket box

Here's my install thus far. I have the aftermarket stainless cabin heat box which actuates on the fwd side of the firewall. I haven't ran the scat yet.

FP18082010A0000O.jpg

FP18082010A0000P.jpg