riffelj

I'm building a IFR RV7A - so I need a heated pitot. After shopping around (even in the salvage yards) and gagging on the prices, a friend and I came up with what we hope is a lower cost solution. Today we put a prototype together and should be able to work thru the final details in a few days.

We built it with the thought that it should fit the Gretz pitot mast and would be 'kitable' - ie the builder would assemble the parts, do a little shaping with a file and drill a couple holes to fit it into whatever mast they bought. We think we can get the price to around $275 - $300.

My purpose by posting here is to see what sort of interest we'd get. I'll watch this thread, if anyone wants to share any thoughts.

Talk with Dynon and have them resell it for you. I'd still love to have a heated pitot with AOA someday...

aoa and pitot

ditto - - hoping that by the time i'm ready for it, some variety of heated pitot with aoa will be out there.

I'd be very Interested

While awaiting the arrival of my wing kit, I too have been shopping around for heated pitots and bummed about the prices. The Gretz product certainly stands out amongst it's competitors, but any quality product less than $300 would definitely get my attention!!

Todd Farnsley
RV-8, Wing Kit shipping this week
Fort Wayne, IN