macrafic

Well Known Member
I am having difficulty visualizing the configuration for my heat and fresh air and would like opinions.

I plan to run scat tubing from the NACA duct to the fresh air eyeball vents on the panel. No-brainer here.

I have Vetterman's new exhaust, for horizontal induction, IO-360, electronic ignition engine. The new exhaust has two mufflers. Therein is my first question. I have a choice between running scat tubing from each muffler to a "Y" feed to a single heat box. Or, I can choose to install two heat boxes and run each muffler to a different one. Opinions on the best option here?

Given the engine, does the heat from the mufflers need to be dumped appropriately when the heat box is closed off to the cabin?

Finally, regardless of one or two heat boxes, what are people doing on the cabin side of the heat box to distribute the heat? I can't really see how the heat could route to the same eyeball vents in the panel that also provide fresh air. Would be nice, but I can't see how it all would be controlled. Scat tubing to where in the cockpit? Other ideas?

I know; lots of questions. But, a single focus! :)

The stock, unmodified RV 7 does not have the heat coming out of the eyeball vents.

It simply dumps into a plenum on the cabin side of the firewall and enters the cabin at your feet through a grillwork. I imagine you have that piece in your stock of parts already.

If you are well aware of the stock configuration and are asking for how to modify it, then opinions will surely flow. :)