Av8torTom

Well Known Member
I have an older David Clark passive headset that I recently retrofitted with Headsets, Inc's ANR modules. I am VERY impressed!! In my opinion they outperform my friend's Lightspeed headset. I highly recommend it.

Tom

I agree. I had a NIB David Clark 10-40 that I bought 20 some yrs, ago.Never had them out of the box. I had another 10 40 that I used for those yrs then got a set of Bose. I could'nt get use to the light clamping pressure so I found the Headset Inc. kit and put it in both Clarks, started using the NIB pair and put the Bose back in the box. I prefer the Headset Inc. reduction.

I'm a fan too.

At first I used the 9 volt battery box to power them because I wasn't sure how much I would like them. After about fifty hours I bought and installed their power adapters. Well worth the money!

BTW, my headsets are DC's knockoffs that I bought in kit form RST Engineering back in the early 90's. At the same time I bought and assembled their portable two place intercom. I used the both headsets and the intercom for years in my '41 BC-12/65 with great results.

So, not only did I build my plane, the engine, but I can also say I built the headsets.