ron sterba

Well Known Member
Have a DRE 6000 and the rubber coating on the cord is flaking off. Does anybody have a website where i can get these fixed or a place to buy the cord to do it yourself.? Seems DRE websites are for the new DRE music headsets. DRE even sell the aviation headset anymore?
Thanks Ron in Oregon

http://www.headsetsinc.com/Headsets.html
I got my wife a DRE 6001 ANR headset. It wasn't sold by Headsets Inc. at the time, although it has their ANR system.
I bought a Headsets Inc. conversion kit for my Peltor headset (way back when) and really like it.
Anyway, Headsets Inc. sells the DRE now, and in the past they did upgrades and repairs, so I suggest you give them a call?

eBay

I had the same problem with a cord from a very old DRE headset. I got a new one from eBay with a stereo/mono switch for $25 with free shipping.

Thanks Kevin Ill have a look. Do you know the difference between the DRE6000 and the new DRE 6001, Been looking and did send a Email out for more info but haven't recieved anything yet. Thanks
Ron

Not sure

Not sure what the 6000 to 6001 difference is, although DRE basicaly shut down and then came back as part of Headsets Inc, so maybe it was just to make it easy to figure out who built what. In any case, my DREs are such vise clamps on my head I'm just using them for backups and scrounging audio parts for my helmet.

Scott and Kevin, Headsetsinc.com is the new distributer of DRE headsets and does all the repairs. I spoke with Richard yesterday and he indicated that my replacement cord comes with a new smaller ONE battery box so its not so bulky(Ok with me). He will call if additional work is needed over and above to replace the headset cord, but otherwise its about $113. He says he uses military spec wire/ cords for replacements. Heres the info.

ANR Kits
New Items
Headsets
Intercoms
Accessories
Cables and
Adapters
Military
Headsets
Customer
Reviews
International