rockitdoc

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Im in process of figuring out where best to stow headphones and controls (bose A20s)

What say you guys?

I bought the headset brackets Van’s sells for the RV12 and mounted them to the side panels just below the instrument panel. Out of the sun and easy to reach . . . before you clip in your shoulder straps. ;)

ANR Control Holder

I installed these.
Made by a kid with a 3D printer.
Helps him pay for his pilot's licence.
Just choose the correct model according your headset.

Not the greatest photo but I took a piece of aluminum brake line and formed a big “C” and hang the headsets from the vent tubing. Very convenient and keeps them out of the sun. I also use the printed holders mentioned above.

Attachments

• DEE21E0B-E183-430A-80DB-A7ACAEAA64D0.jpeg
    DEE21E0B-E183-430A-80DB-A7ACAEAA64D0.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 307
On my RV-9A I copied what I saw in Van's factory demonstrators. Just a simple aluminum sheet metal hangar pop-riveted to the fuselage stringer.

i-3cWdkwX-M.jpg

On my RV-9A I copied what I saw in Van's factory demonstrators. Just a simple aluminum sheet metal hangar pop-riveted to the fuselage stringer.

i-3cWdkwX-M.jpg

These look very much like the ones sold for the RV12.

i-3cWdkwX-M.jpg

Same technique I have been using in my RV-6 for almost 25-years. Mine are not this pretty and are NOT painted. Mine are just bare leftover scrap aluminum.

+1 to PlaneCrazy

Bent my tubing into an 'S' rather than a 'C' but same idea. Tidy, right place, and not too strong in case you snag it.