skydiverlv

Well Known Member
Looking ahead in the plans to installing the side panels I am wondering how a person will reach the holes where the headphone jacks install for installation, tightening, and wires? Also would like to know if I should leave the rudder pedal assembly out laterr in the project. There are 2 nutplates on the firewall shelf that I assume will be for wire attatchment and they are above the pedal assembly. Thanks for the help and Thank you very much JOE for suggesting the fuel line installation before side panels.

I Can't Reach the Rudder Pedals!

I just finished hanging the rudder pedals a few minutes ago, I sure wish I had done that BEFORE putting the side panels on. I plan on rolling the fuse on its side before I do much more work in the inside.
332b4eg.jpg
[/IMG]

Headphone jacks

The headphone/microphone jacks are accessible through the F-1270B fuselage side covers (the triangular-shaped ones that contain the terminal blocks for the wiring connections to the wings). It is not difficult to reach though these to to hold the jacks while the nuts are tightened from the top and for other wiring tasks in the area.

Jeff

An easy-out will hold jack

The rudder pedals can be installed or taken out at any time. They will have to be lowered to pass the coax BNC connectors over them.
An easy-out inserted into a jack will hold the jack from turning while the nut is tightened.
Joe