herve-RV7

question for those who make movies with HD camera type Gopro or Drift: what software and what PC configuration do you use for editing movies. I Just baught a Drift HD 170 sealth camera and I discover with horror that my PC can not support the editing of the movie (with Windows Movie Maker). My PC is a Dell Inspiron 546 (2.4 Ghz) with 4 GB of RAM and an ATI Radeon HD 4350 (512 Mb). Do I have a chance to do HD editing with this PC ? What should I upgrade? Video card ? Is it possible to make HD movie editing with movie maker ? Thank you in advance for your answers

you need the windows live movie maker...

to directly manipulate .mov files with windows download the free windows live movie maker 2011... you need windows 7 for this though.

File format

Hi Stephen,
I have Vista, and I use a converter to convert the .mov file in a .avi file.

converting video files...

Hi Stephen,
I have Vista, and I use a converter to convert the .mov file in a .avi file.

Hi Herve, my experience in converting files from .mov to .avi is not very good... it is time consuming and results in notably degraded quality from the original.

I run a 27" iMac - Core i7, 16Gb ram, 120gig SSD for the system, 2TB HD for the media / everything else.

Video Software I run Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5 and Compressor.

In FCP / Motion you can do anything from youtube clips to Hollywood quality. Learning curve is a little steep, but not like it used to be.

I would recommend this system to anyone and everyone thinking about upgrading. Have had numerous friends switch from a Windows system, and every one of them is very happy with the switch.

I have used Roxio and Pinnacle in the past but recently switched to Sony Vegas Pro 10 and love it. It is a much more powerful program and not too difficult to use. There is also a ton of tutorial videos on youtube showing how to use it and some if its more obscure functions. My issue now is that the raw video from my GoPro HD, whether 1080p or 720p wide angle, is just not that great so the new GoPro HD Hero 2 is on my B'Day gift list.