sapeloson

Well Known Member
............................................:D.....................................

https://vimeo.com/469878568

First 360 video.... got the mount stiffened up today so next video shouldn't be so shaky or show the stitched area on the wing...

Attachments

• Take Off Smoke.PNG
    Take Off Smoke.PNG
    388.1 KB · Views: 704
Last edited:
Inspiring!

Awesome day of fun for you, looking good!

Thanks for the report!

Appreciate it.

Andy
(A guy who is just starting the journey- empennage delivery tomorrow)

Yep.........

Still a little work to get it perfect but, close.... I need to stiffen it up a little.
Will sand and shape the mounts and paint the pole once I get it right.....

Attachments

• pole mount.jpg
    pole mount.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 345
sorry, just saw this.....

What kind of pole and mount(s) are you using?

It was originally a 5/8" OD aluminum tubing but, that was to flexible. I have just added a 3/4" OD 5/8" ID tube over it and weld it all together... It seems much more rigid now but, I haven't flown it yet.... should work perfect... I'll know in a few days...... Purchased tubing and parts from ACS. 1/4-28 internal threaded rod end fitting into the 5/8" tubing then a SS exhaust stud 1/4-28 x 1/4-20 for the GoPro mount..... All welded up... Then used some scrap starboard shaped for level support and mounting to 8/32 wing tip mounting holes.... I may change those mounts to 10/32 at annual if I think I need more strength. I can post more pix it you'd like... You must keep all of this within and directly under the footprint of the camera for it to "disappear" in the video
Tim