Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
OK, I need someone to tell me if I have forgotten what I thought I used to know....I needed an AN910 coupler to join two 1/4" male couplings (the 910 is double female). So....lookign in the book, I thought that would be an AN910-2D (aluminum - right? I ordered it from ACS, and when it arrived, in a bag labeled "AN910-2D", it appears to take 3/8" pipe thread...

Have I forgotten the magic code to pipe threads, or did ACS put the wrong size in the bag?

Tell me if I'm losing it - I can take it!:eek:

Marbles still intact!

I think ACS sent you the wrong one cause 2D is 1/4 and 3D is 3/8 or maybe I am losing it too!

2D is 1/8"
3D is 3/16"
4D is 1/4"
5D is 5/16"
6D is 3/8"

I guess that is true for tubing sizes, but for pipe threads for an910 fittings, I dont think it follows the same schema.
an910.jpg

This is a common problem with ACS, particularly if it is shipped from Georgia. I've talked to them about this and it has gotten bad enough that I've begun sending them back to them just to make a point. When I call, they fix the problem right away and send me the right stuff but it is a hassle. I cringe every time I have to order an AN fitting because I know it's a risk that I'll actually get what I ordered.

Thanks all! I guess I'll call ACS and get them to send the right one....glad it isn't (just) me!

Paul