Wayne

Well Known Member
I have heard that some have installed a storage shelf for light items behind the rear passenger seats and above the aileron bell crank. I have searched the archives and cant find any pictures/description etc and wondering if I can shake the tree and have some info fall out.

Thanks

Wayne

Mike Robertson

of the Portland FSDO has one installed in his RV9...Nice job and pretty simple.

I know he is a member of the Vans Home wing (Chqpter 205) based at twin oaks in Oegon.

Basically he just made a floor and back that rested on the uper fuse longerons...I believe he made a center support so the floor could be made in 2 halves, split down the middle.

Add a hinge to the lower edge of the existing upper bulkhead cover and replace the screws with camlocs.

Thats it in a nutshell.

Frank
7a

there definitely was a thread about them. I recall someone had picts of a few builder's storage areas. But they were not 10's.

I have several picts of mine for a VII a.

If you don't mind searching a bit== they are in my Gallery called "Misc extra ideas".

If I had a ten, might work okay but as Darwin posted a week ago== a waste of time. I even lined mine with nice soft felt used for the inside of Telescopes. :) basically, you can't get to it in a seven. real pain.

IMHO

www.pbase.com/mark2nite

rv7a

hat rack

Go to Kitlog.com and find builder = Michael Sausen, he did this for his -10 and has some pics posted there

just what I needed

Deems Davis said:
Go to Kitlog.com and find builder = Michael Sausen, he did this for his -10 and has some pics posted there

thanks for the lead - this is what I was lookinmg for.

Have a great day