RV7Factory

Chief Obfuscation Officer
Forgive the Friday afternoon rant...

I went to my web site (builder's log) today only to realize it has been THREE months since I have touched the kit!!! I know I sold a house, bought a new one and moved, but three months??? What's happening to me... this sucks!

The good news is, after all this time with the kit in a friends garage (yes, I visit it often), I think I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. With any luck, the contractor I hired will show up tomorrow to finish the drywall in the garage. I know... I could do it myself, but I have neither the time or the patience to do so. Once that is done it is time to reinstall the wing jigs, fire up the compressor and get back to business. The wait is killing me!

Last edited:
glad to see you're seeing the end brad, and that you're still around! i still check your site just about daily (along with several others) for your updates. lookin' forward to some new building! :cool:

About time...

Glad you'll be back in business soon, Brad. Haven't completly caught up to you, but it's getting close, and I like having you out there on the leading edge before I take on the next step ;)

Congrats on the new house. Looking forward to your next log entry.

Joe

Thanks guys!

Drywall is finished and the parts started rolling in yesterday... yippeee!

During this time I had the plane and tools stored in a friends garage that was two blocks from the new house. Yesterday afternoon my wife and I pushed my large 8'x3' worktable, along with the wing skeletons resting and straped vertically on the top of the table, down the street around the corner and into our garage. It was quite a sight to see, and I must have had a least a dozen of my new neighbors stop whatever they were doing and stare as we rolled by. I felt like we were giving a parade. They looked even more puzzled 30 mins later when I walked by pushing my tool chest with the tank and LE skins in the cradle on top. :D

Just wait until you load that completed Fuse, engine hung, onto a flatbed for the trip to the airport!

Of course, by then you'll already be labled as the crazy neighbor building a plane in his garage. :D

Joe