AX-O

Well Known Member
I am building an RV-8 and working on the lower seat belt attach point. Was wondering if anyone has used this before. Seems to be a reasonable price. 2nd choice are the Crow seat belts.

http://performanceparts.com/part.php?partID=13599

rci_9210PL.jpg

Axel,

I can give you a comparison against the Hookers based upon this image. I have no experience with your brand.

This set looks as though it utilizes the same rotary buckle. But of course, that is hard to confirm without having both in front of you. I am willing to bet there aren't many manufacturers of the buckle.

With yours, you will need to modify the crotch strap link. You will need to re-stitch it so that there is only a single attach point.

The Hookers have bushings at the attach points for what that is worth. They also have really nice cushions on the shoulder straps.

As far as aesthetics are concerned, the Hookers are custom and you can spec out whatever combo you want. This wouldn't be a factor to you if you want that weekend racer look of your suggested set.

For the paltry sum of $66.88, these differences could be overlooked!

Does this help?

:cool: CJ

Go with Crow. They will make them with 2 or 3" belts with pull up or pull down adjustments and if you tell them it is for an RV they know the lengths to make everything. Also ask for 1/4" holes in the hardware so you don't need any bushings. Crow is a first class operation. I just ordered the stock harness and the shoulder harness was too short. (didn't tell them it was for a RV7) I sent them back to be lengthend and they turned it around in less than a week at no charge even for the shipping. Don

You should see the assortment of 5-point harnesses on eBay. There's a ton of them and they're really cheap (even less than $66 a pair)...and you get a lot of color choices. Some of them come with Camlock buckles.

That being said, I just received my belts from Crow. Only took 3 days to get here and I know they'll work. Sometimes it's best to just pay a little extra for the peace of mind. ;)

Crow Harness

Those who have used the Crow harness, which model did you order. I see different styles available, and wondered which was the preferred...
Thanks
Ron
9A