Got mine from Vans

I got some red led's from Vans and installed them under the glareshield. Used a dimmer also from Vans. They work great. These shown look similar.

Thanks. I have planned on using the ones that Stein sells, but my son asked about these the other day. ( He is going to buy them for me :D )

I bought the Van's LED dual color light strip with white and red. It has direct feed of 12V with no external power supply required. I installed with toggle switch to go between red, white or off. It works great with dimmer. These LED strips are actually too bright or distracting if directly visible. I installed a Classic Aero glare shield padded trim on the front of the glare shield. I then placed the LED strip right up against the back of it. Since it hangs down about a half inch it blocks direct view of the lights but allows them to cast a nice light on the panel and your lap.

sounds good

Mark, that sounds like a good idea. I just found some blue/white that are dimmable on Amazon. Thanks everyone for the input.
:)

I just discovered the LED lighting aisle in our local Auto Zone. Wow. These things have really come down in price. I purchased a long flat strip of the blue LED tape lights several years ago from one of the popular avionics suppliers. I don't remember the exact cost, but I remember thinking they were very expensive, but really cool... so what the heck!

Auto Zone has got a wide variety of strips and individual LED lights for between $15 and $20. I'm going to install 12" of white tape lights in both my baggage compartment and below the canopy longeron on the right side of my cockpit for nighttime loading/unloading. I bought the 2 12" strips in a single package for ~$18.

Very cool.