Pmerems

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Gents,

I wanted to find out if there is anyone out there who has performed the SB on the flop tube.

If so how did you remove the AN fitting as per the instructions. I have tried to remove the fitting from my tank but it sure doesn't want to budge. That ProSeal is some tough #@***#@#@##.

Paul

As I remember, I just took the jam nut off, reached in and used the flop tube as a lever and twisted the fitting til it broke free. Mine wasn't hard at all. How old are your tanks?

Anti-rotation device

I installed an anti-rotation bracket in my tank that holds the body of the Aeroquip fitting on the flop tube (not the nut). This prevents the rotation of the tube and the AN fitting.

The though was that when tightening the fuel line nut the AN tank fitting could rotate. So I installed the bracket (similar to the standard anti-rotation pickup bracket) to prevent this.

I can't rotate the fitting to break the ProSeal bond. I can only push on the AN fitting which hasn't gotten me very far. Removing the anti-rotation bracket might be very difficult due to the accessibility and the tough ProSeal bond.

My flop tube was installed about 2+ years ago. Access panels haven't been finally installed yet.

Paul