Osh Side-by-Side

I was able to do a side-by-side at OSH this year at the Aircraft Spruce booth. I've always been a Bose fan (I don't yet own a pair though) and sat through the Bose spiel in their booth as well. I was really impressed with the Zulu's and although I couldn't try these in an aircraft, I really liked the sound quality. When I go buy headsets early next year for my -7, I will certainly consider the Zulus. Of course, this is only my ears and your ears may vary.

Jim

Reviews

In the "Reviews" forum (bottom of list of Forums that includes the "General Discussion" Forum) there are a couple of headsets "reviewed." May be of interest even if not an exact answer to your original post.

Oshkosh review

I sat in the Lightspeed demo booth at Oshkosh and compared the Bose to the Zulu's. I found them to be very close in comfort, quality of audio, noise suppression and over all quality impressions. The only difference that I could see was the $$$ tag which the Zulu was cheaper.

I think the Zulu will give Bose and run for the high end market once they get a few sets out there and people start talking about them. I own a set of Bose and like them, but my next set would probably be a Zulu and put the extra $$$ into avgas.

Just a quick note that Bose tries to sell their top end performance and quality but I have had to send my headset back for ANR repairs and just got a Bose home stereo and it too had to make the trip back to the repair depot. Bose handled the repairs well but Lightspeed has a great customer service program too.

Will be interesting to hear some reports from those who are actually using them regularly in their planes.

Comparison of Headsets

Two weeks ago I was at Marv Golden's in San Diego and the Mrs. got to test both plus the Clarity Aloft. She felt the Bose and the Zulu were equally fantastic, and liked the regular Lightspeed 20XL less because it was heavier. She described the Zulu and Bose like feathers versus a heavy hat. The wife did not like the Clarity Aloft cause the plugs didn't fit her ears properly.

Then she tried Golden's inhouse headset which sells for approx $240 which has phone and audio input. She liked that too. I hope she selects that unit for my wallet's sake.

Barry