N162RV

I am looking to upgrade to a PDA based moving map and would like some input on the Navzilla brand software. Any body used it? Likes/dis likes ect..

Nazvilla

I installed it on my Compaq TC1000 tablet pc and flew with it last weekend. It was pretty cool. I liked what I got to see of it, I didn't have the car adapter for the pc so it kept going into sleep mode. I do have a dislike: No air space on the map just airports and runway heading extensions. (or if there are I don't know how to turn them on). I need to spend some more time with it, but I think it's worth the $39 3-month trial to see if you like it.
If you don't have a GPS receiver yet check out the Garmin GPS18. It comes in 3 versions LVC, USB and serial. I bought the LVC version and wired it up my self. I got mine from www.gpscity.com and a pre-wired plug from www.gomadic.com to hook it up to my IPAQ 3765. This receiver is WAAS enabled and gets very good reception! Mine was upside down on the floor of my pick up truck and still had a 7 satellite fix. If you have any questions let me know.

Regards,
Mark Harrison

Last edited: