bertschb

Well Known Member
Friend
I ordered my RV-14A EXP-119 Finish Kit in April 2023. Vans told me recently that it's scheduled to be shipped in November. That seems odd to me when a new order placed today is scheduled to ship in Feb/Mar next year.

Just curious - Has anybody received their RV-14 Finish Kit recently and if so, when did you order it?

Last edited:
I ordered mine on 30 Aug 2023. The chapter 11 happened and I accepted the terms immediately on 20 Dec 23 for the upped price, and it shipped in April 24.

I picked it up in Australia via airfreight on 10th May 24.

So 8 months and 10 days.

I think I was very lucky. 🍀

Edit: this is for a taildragger and is the EXP-119 version. Could be the non-119 cowl, or the -14A engine mount means different fulfilment timeframes.

...So 8 months and 10 days. I think I was very lucky. 🍀
Either that or I'm unlucky! You could be right though, maybe the -14A engine mount is the hold up.

Kind of a bummer I'll be waiting 19 months when a new order is only 7-8 months.

My EXP119 finish kit took about 18 months for delivery (ordered Jan '22, delivered Jun '23) and I only received the BO'd items (steps, brakes, etc) a couple months ago. So nearly 24 months. I suspect the brakes (Grove) may still be significantly delayed.

Ordered 2/23/22, received bill of lading this morning. Kit was packed on 6/18/24 but they were waiting on one b/o item. Presume it is shipping complete now.

Wow! You've had a really long wait!
I ordered mine in March of 2023. They called me earlier this year (Feb?) and told me it was ready to ship. I didn't think I'd need for many months and they said they would reschedule it for delivery at the end of this year. I'm wondering now if I just should have accepted it then. I just didn't want to stop to inventory it and have to store it. Hope they are true to their word. Mine is a 14, not an "a".

My EXP119 finish kit took about 18 months for delivery (ordered Jan '22, delivered Jun '23) and I only received the BO'd items (steps, brakes, etc) a couple months ago. So nearly 24 months. I suspect the brakes (Grove) may still be significantly delayed.
I was told that there are 47 customers ahead of me for wheels and brakes, and grove is getting around 12 sets a month to vans.

I had already mostly finished my fuselage kit - was happy that the price increase on the finish kit wasn’t that high. Then realised there was another 3k due because the “new finish kit” didn’t have any brakes. Kinda annoying but anyway. If anyone wants grove brakes asap there is a set on sale here now by Doug Rohrer.

Vans will only credit you $1850 back however for the wheels and brakes component of the 3k kit.

Last edited:
Ordered 9/6/22 for an EXP119 "A" model still waiting on some sort of communication. Engine on order and prop in hand .....

I originally ordered an RV-14A EXP119 Finish Kit on April 14, 2022. Also promptly reordered and accepted new terms and pricing upon receipt of the December Email. I did receive an email from Anne at Van's asking if I wanted to add a brake kit option, and I responded asking for the Grove option. I'm hearing of long delivery times for the Grove brakes, maybe that choice is compounding the delay.

I've heard nothing since January.

I originally ordered an RV-14A EXP119 Finish Kit on April 14, 2022. Also promptly reordered and accepted new terms and pricing upon receipt of the December Email. I did receive an email from Anne at Van's asking if I wanted to add a brake kit option, and I responded asking for the Grove option. I'm hearing of long delivery times for the Grove brakes, maybe that choice is compounding the delay.

I've heard nothing since January.
I purchased my brakes seperatly so they are not slowing my finish kit down. Still waiting too!

-14A finish Ordered August '22. No word yet. Maybe soon. I'm not in a rush, as long as prices don't go up yet again.

I am the guy with a new set of Grove wheels and brakes for the -14/A . Still in the box. Still priced at $2000 including shipping to CONUS. I can ship tomorrow. Get that plane up on her wheels and build on!

Ordered July 2022 and still don’t have it. Told numerous times they were going in the original order. One more lie to go with all the rest as many builders that ordered after me have had theirs for months!