jabarr

Well Known Member
Vans offers both the MT and Hartzell governors. A search came up with little info on the Hartzell and early problems with the MT. Does anyone have any recent experience with the Hartzell offered by Vans? Are the current MT's cured of their surging problems? Any other advice to offer??
Thanks in advance--

There is a lot of information about governors around. I researched this last month and while I don't recall all of the details the old MT was the same as the PCU5000 and everyone loves them. The new MT has been though a lot of revisions and some work better than the others. I don't know anything about the hartzell.

Just get a PCU5000 and be happy.

schu

My newer MT works fine

With the Whirl Wind 200RV prop. Smooth, steady, no issues on the MT.

There is a lot of information about governors around. I researched this last month and while I don't recall all of the details the old MT was the same as the PCU5000 and everyone loves them. The new MT has been though a lot of revisions and some work better than the others. I don't know anything about the hartzell.

The "old" MT governor, when Van's first started selling them.........were made by Jihostroy. I have one, it's was made in 2003, and it's been great with my Hartzell prop. As I also remember, the PCU5000 uses this type of design.

L.Adamson

Prop Gov - Hartzell now or wait for MT?

My f'wall fwd kit is on order - Van's called me yesterday to ask if I would take a Hartzell gov. in place of the MT. They have none in stock and await word from MT on when they will. For now, I asked them to ship the rest of the stuff and I'll wait for the MT gov. but wonder if I should.
Posts (and some issues) seem plentiful for the MT but I find nothing on the Hartzell unit. Anyone have strong opinions / experiences to share? I will use it on yet another Mattituck masterpiece - my TMX IO-360 is scheduled for a Nov. birth!