vlittle

Well Known Member
I was interested in DR's announcement on the front page about Hartzell starters. There was a link to their website (hartzellenginetech.com) that had some good technical information.

Unfortunately, no pricing or availability info. Aha! I'll go to one their distributors. The first thing I checked was if AeroSport Power was listed...no, but their parent corporation is, Progressive Air. Odd, if they are advertising on Van's Airforce you think they would have AeroSport on the list. After all, AeroSport may be their biggest potential customer for experimental starters.

No problem, I'll go to Aircraft Spruce, which is also on their list. ACS has no listings for the Hartzell starters.

So, I clicked on the 'contact us' button on the Hartzell Starter main web site. That'll do it for sure, I thought. I thought wrong, just got an error message (can force it to work if I click a link in the FAQ section). I presume that their phone number is accurate, so I'll call them tomorrow.

So, if anyone from Hartzell is monitoring this site, please provide us price and availability information. And please get Bart Lalonde from AeroSport on board.

V

Last edited:
Name change.....look at the Kelly Aerospace starters.

They're based here in Montgomery.

Hi Vern,
I'm the west coast sales manager for Hartzell Engine Technologies formally Kelly Aerospace. Please send me an e-mail with your phone number and I will give you a call. [email protected]

Thanks
Jack Samuels

Hartzell bought Kelly. I went against my own advise, and bought one for my Citabria. I as a general rule avoided Kelly's rebuilds like the plague, but I was impressed enough with the selling points that I gave their X-Drive (SRZ-9022) a try. So far, so good.

The selling points were, cheaper than SkyTec, Lighter than SkyTec, MUCH lower current draw than SkyTec. Turns the engine at design RPM, not faster.

I don't have any complaints, good product so far. It has handled a couple of light kickbacks with no issues before the battery was replaced with a new one.