RBD

Well Known Member
Trying to get to know my airplane a bit better, and would like to know, for sure, what model prop hub I have. The plane was finished in April '91, which I think (from another thread here) is the year that they started making the "B" hub. My prop log says that I do have the -1BF hub; however, I also see log entries that the previous owner(s) have been doing the 100 hour eddy-current inspection, which is not required for the B hub - this confuses me. To determine whether or not I should continue having the 100 hour eddy current inspections done, I'd like to see for myself which model hub I have.

Soooo.....I'm asking you folks if you could tell me where the model number of the hub is located. I've looked all over and can't find it engraved/cast anywhere. Any idears?

Usually, it'll start with letters CH.... but not necessarily so (there are older serial numbers that did not start with that.. )

The AD applies to -1BF as well.. it's the "B" suffix after the serial number that'd denote AD not applicable.

if you see CH1234E it means intial eddy current inspection has been done.. the E suffix denotes that..

Usually, it'll start with letters CH.... but not necessarily so (there are older serial numbers that did not start with that.. )

The AD applies to -1BF as well.. it's the "B" suffix after the serial number that'd denote AD not applicable.

if you see CH1234E it means intial eddy current inspection has been done.. the E suffix denotes that..

Thanks for the clarification, Radomir. This thread was the source of my confusion. Looks like I need to find a local prop shop...