miyu1975

Well Known Member
I am considering buying this prop from a local friend. He had it overhauled in 2002 and then subsequently bought a new prop instead. So it is 0 time since OH. I looked at it today and looks great. I was unsure though, (and so is he) as to whether this prop has the recurring 100 hr ECI AD. The paperwork he gave the prop shop says HC-C2YK-1A/7666A-2, but when it came back the new paper work (and engraved on hub) is HC-C2YK-HC-C2YK-1B/7666A-2/7666A-2. Would someone here know? Just checking, I will also call hartzell or a prop shop tomorrow.

you need hub's serial.. it typically (but not necessarily) starts with "CH..." and oh, the A you pointed out is not the A that matters..

Ditto about the hub serial number.

Also I'd give serious thought to the fact its been sitting around for 11 (?) years; technically its overdue for calendar overhaul.

I have the FAA form 8130-3 (took a pic) box 11 is Serial/Batch Number CA26...is that what I am looking for?

It should be, but I'd check by looking at the prop itself.. it's engraved on the hub... wouldn't trust a piece of paper that may or may not be correct...

As Alan pointed out, if it sat that long I'd have a prop shop re-seal it before flying it ($500-$600).... and would include this number into the overall "out of pocket cost" so you don't end up overpaying.